Job Announcement – Curator, Gallery Al-Quds
Job Type: part-time
Openings: 1 (one)
Application Process Opens: January 20, 2020
Application Process Closes: Open until filled
Category: Fee-based consultancy
The Jerusalem Fund, a 501(c)(3)-registered private nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., announces a position available as Curator, Gallery Al-Quds.
Curator, Gallery Al-Quds
- Curator produces five exhibitions per year, each lasting approximately two months. One of these exhibitions will be a concept show on a theme developed by the curator.
- Curator’s contract specifies a flat fee for each exhibition. Hours worked may vary among exhibitions. (see detailed scope of work, below)
- Curator reports to Executive Director and the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors. All exhibitions must be cleared by them before initiating.
- Curator has minimal support staff (see below). The position requires the ability to paint walls, climb ladders and lift heavy objects.
- Jerusalem Fund program staff will assist with the gallery web page, using information supplied by curator.
- Program staff will assist with recording and transcribing artist talks or other ancillary events, as well as live-streaming where appropriate.
- Finance office prepares checks for sold work, according to invoices prepared by curator.
- Substantial experience working in commercial or nonprofit art galleries; degree in an arts field or arts management a plus.
- Ability to work independently in all aspects of the scope of work.
- Experience using social media in a professional capacity (preferred)
- Flexibility in terms of hours worked—some 40-50-hour weeks are possible, some evening work required.
- Strong spoken and written English skills, Arabic language skills a plus but not required.
- Computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, HTML, WordPress, Publisher etc.)
SCOPE Of WORKS
Click here to see a comprehensive scope of the Curator’s work.
TO APPLY: Email your cover letter, résumé, and names and contact information for three references to Mohamed Mohamed, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org Please use the following subject line: Application – [Your Name]
The Jerusalem Fund is an equal opportunity employer. Application is encouraged regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, or any other cultural orientation.